Nutrition and Recipes for Swimmers
Below is some great nutritional advice and nutritionally balanced recipes for all ages. Of course, tweak the recipes to suit your family requirements.
10 Step guide to proper nutrition for swimmers
Michael Klims muesli
· Can be easily changed to porridge by cooking the oats first.
· Or soak oats in milk overnight to make them easier to digest.
Lunchbox Anzac Biscuits
· Great snack on race days aswell
Grilled chicken with pumpkin and tomato salad
· For fussy children consider serving the chicken with chopped vegetables and rice or pasta
Banana Mango Smoothie
· Add yogurt for more protein
· Use almond milk or any other alternative for dairy free
Libby Tricketts Lasagne
· Add vegetables! Grated zucchini & carrot are easy with kids.
· Or serve with a garden salad